Mezan Rum Site

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!

Mezan Rum

Good
67%
Indifferent
33%

Total votes: 6

Rum-pelstiltskin

Post by Rum-pelstiltskin »

They currently have 6 expressions on the Whisky Exchange website.

All of which are pretty interesting

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/B-339-Mezan.aspx

I'm sure Amazon often has bottles of Mezan available from different retailers.

They seem to be a bit cheaper than most independent bottlers.
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

I shall be trying some of the Mezan this year. In February I shall be getting a bottle of Cadenhead Jamaican after that I shall do some Mezan as it's good value for money.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

I figured I would chime in here and bump this as Mezan now has 3 rums that are readily available in the US. They have the Jamaican 2000, the Jamaican XO and the Panama. I just placed an order for the XO and the Panama and I am on my 5th bottle of the Jamaican 2000. This is spectacular stuff guys. The 2000 is one of my favorite rums and I have accumulated a pretty good collection of rums over the years. This is at the very top of my list. I found their description on the bottle to be pretty spot on...I can't say I tasted any of the green anise but to be completely honest, I have no idea what that is. lol

On the nose, this spirit has ripe banana, honey, leather and spice. The palate is herbal, with a touch of green anise followed by sweet spicy toffee, ripe pineapple and tropical buttery notes. The rum is produced at Long Pond Distillery, a long-established sugar estate and distillery in the Trelawny district of Jamaica, and is made in the deep, heavily pungent style of rum known as “Wedderburn”.
Beukeboom
Quartermaster

Post by Beukeboom »

Sadly Mezan is another rum completely unavailable in this part of Florida.