Last of the Seale's

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Dai
Minor God

Last of the Seale's

Post by Dai »

Just finished the last of the Seale's 10 year old (how sad) but, no to worry I have another full bottle on the shelf ready and waiting. Can't run out of the Seale's, that's a no no! I shall also be enjoying a Pusser's 15 tonight. I'll be sure to think of you as I'm having a sip.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Speaking of Pusser's 15...

Here in Paradise there are a number of rums that - by far - are purchased more than the rest. Seales 10 is a staple, as is Pusser's Blue Label (although we have a 15 available for special occasions). I'd forgotten just how nice the 15 can be, which is very, very nice. Heavy bodied, deep dark fruits, vanillan and a spicy finish that goes on and on.

We are also never, ever without Barbancourt Five Star (or the Three Star).
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

I've yet to have the pleasure of Barbancourt Jimbo but, shall be trying it in October at the rumfest in London.

Guevara88
Bo'sun's Mate

Post by Guevara88 »

Seales 10 is a staple. Indeed. I've grown quite fond of Barcelo Imperial and the (sugared I know) ED 15.

My Pussers Blue is nearly full so I don't have to face the issue.

Then again there are some bottles which surely won't be replaced - such as Zacapa 23, Angostura 1919 or Plantation Whatever... :roll:

I am currently figurring out which rums really deserve a place on my shelf and which are just travellers passing by. Oddly I am considering Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva as a "Rum for guests", too. Some people are just focussed on smooth/sweet/easy and it would pain me to give them something good which they do not appreciate. Besides Diplomatico RE does smell really good - which should only result to a very small degree from its sugar bomb aspects. :)
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Guevara88 wrote:Seales 10 is a staple. Indeed. I've grown quite fond of Barcelo Imperial and the (sugared I know) ED 15.

My Pussers Blue is nearly full so I don't have to face the issue.

Then again there are some bottles which surely won't be replaced - such as Zacapa 23, Angostura 1919 or Plantation Whatever... :roll:

I am currently figurring out which rums really deserve a place on my shelf and which are just travellers passing by. Oddly I am considering Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva as a "Rum for guests", too. Some people are just focussed on smooth/sweet/easy and it would pain me to give them something good which they do not appreciate. Besides Diplomatico RE does smell really good - which should only result to a very small degree from its sugar bomb aspects. :)
To be honest some times we have to make the wrong choices rum wise for all the right reasons, availability, price, Being a connoisuer is not alway's easy, it can be down right difficult.

Mrspragoo
Cabin Boy

Post by Mrspragoo »

Old post bump here.I discovered Seales 10 when I was in Barbados last year and brought back 3 bottles with me, but I live in western upstate NY, and the nearest total wine is over 5 hours away, so I am very stingy with my Seales 10, and that sucks cause I would really like to be able to enjoy it more. And while I'm whining about availability, I really wish I could get my hands on some rum sixty six, from foursquare.
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Mrspragoo wrote:Old post bump here.I discovered Seales 10 when I was in Barbados last year and brought back 3 bottles with me, but I live in western upstate NY, and the nearest total wine is over 5 hours away, so I am very stingy with my Seales 10, and that sucks cause I would really like to be able to enjoy it more. And while I'm whining about availability, I really wish I could get my hands on some rum sixty six, from foursquare.
It's abit wierd the way ordering on-line works in the States, some states can't get stuff from places like total wine.

Mrspragoo
Cabin Boy

Post by Mrspragoo »

Yes total wine will not ship alcohol to me. I could get it from the whiskey exchange but the costs involved make it prohibitive. I'm really kicking myself for not bringing more back from Barbados while I was there, but at that time I was still relatively new to the quality rum scene.