bulkrum.com

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Mrspragoo
Cabin Boy

bulkrum.com

Post by Mrspragoo »

Anyone ever check this out. I glanced down through it quickly, but only checked out one offering 10 year aged Jamaican style rum bottled for private label min order 10 pallets. Made in Texas.
As I don't have access to a computer (only my phone) was wondering if anyone had insight or thoughts.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

FWIW...

This link ultimately refers to my friend Luis Ayala, consultant/author of "The Rum Experience". His name and logo were pretty much stolen by the Badassitor. Luis is really very talented and prolific. His book is a collector's item and although published a few years after the Preacher's minimalistic books, it is by far one of the first and complete books about rum. If you find one, buy it - its really quite good. He realy knows his rums and is quite competent. Privately, I count him as a supporter of our work.

http://us1003421755.fm.alibaba.com/prod ... _Bulk.html
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

I was really into looking into this guy, based on the recommendations here.

I found his website and his courses, and I was thinking "Hey! This guy's very easy for me to get to! I'd LOVE to do these classes with Mrs Tot!".

...then I looked at his pricing.

If he really wants to help the world of rum and fine spirits, maybe he ought to price his lessons such that people other than the same 1%, who are ruining rum, can afford them.

I'll buy his book, but that experience left me cold.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

You're right - he promotes training more to the trade including the bar business, etc. Still, the book is worthwhile and was published back when he established his "free" university - a price you can't disagree with, lol...