New Pipe Came Today (Diplomat Cob, Connoisseurs Choice)

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Dai
Minor God

New Pipe Came Today (Diplomat Cob, Connoisseurs Choice)

Post by Dai »

My Diplomat Cob came in the post today along with some Peterson Connoisseur's Choice. I think I prefer the feel in the hand of the Diplomat over the Legend, definitely feels nicer to hold more comfortable. Don't know about smoking I haven't smoked it yet. Doing that this afternoon, will let you know.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Yep the Diplomat is a much nicer pipe to hold than the Legend. Connoisseur's Choice is a nice Tobacco enjoyed the bowl I had this afternoon as I watched the guy four doors down mowing his lawn with an old manual lawn mower (no electric) even he said he could smell my pipe from his garden. Yes a very relaxing smoke didn't get any tongue bite but still have difficulty getting things going when I first lite up but. once going no problem.

Jimbo I can recommend the Diplomat as your next cob.

da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Good to hear Dai. It's a fine past time isn't it?
in goes your eye out
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

da'rum wrote:Good to hear Dai. It's a fine past time isn't it?
Yes indeedie enjoying it.

Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Just finished a bowl of the Connoisseur's choice in the Diplomat got to say this is a nice tobacco even with my limited experience. The second third of the bowl after having to to do a re-lite because I was chatting with my neighbor smoked like a dream (pity the whole didn't smoke like that). I think I need to get a Zippo pipe lighter as trying to light a pipe out doors is nye on impossible with a gas lighter or matches, the lighter I bought is great indoors but out doors it's a piece of crap. Never mind we live and learn.